Why is Blackbaud making me update my account?
Blackbaud is working on publishing the Omnibar to the Blackbaud.com website which will allow customers to now sign into Blackbaud.com using their email address or Google account. Therefore, all customers using Blackbaud.com will need to update their account. Longer term, this new login will allow Blackbaud to provide a way for customers to access their products with one single login. We're happy to announce that our first products to take advantage of single sign-on with be the Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge NXT solutions in 2015. We are working to enable single sign-on with other products in the future! To find out more, please review this blog post.
How can I update my account or get one of my users to update their account?
Just click here to get started.
Is my Blackbaud.com login the same as my Blackbaud software or the Blackbaud Hosting Services portal login?
No, your Blackbaud.com account login is specific to our website and gives you access to our online Support resources, such as Case Central, Chat, and our Knowledgebase. For more information about our support resources, visit us here (https://support.blackbaud.com/). If you have questions about accessing Blackbaud Hosting Services or your Blackbaud software, you can find helpful information here (https://www.blackbaud.com/support/loginhelp.aspx).
Can I still login under my original Blackbaud.com account user name after the update?
No, you will need to update your account to either use your email or your Google account to log in to the Blackbaud.com website moving forward.
What happens if I want to use a different email and password than what's on my Blackbaud.com account record?
No problem! You'll just be asked to log into your Blackbaud.com account one more time with your old user name and password during the process. The email address you use during the update process will be your new email on file with Blackbaud where you receive communications.
If I use my Google account, will this update my existing Blackbaud account information?
Yes, your new email on file will be whatever is linked to your Google account. This is also where you will receive communications from Blackbaud.
What if I want to sign in with my Google account and the associated Google email is different than where I want to receive my communications from Blackbaud?
The email address tied to your updated login will be where you will continue to receive communications from Blackbaud. Therefore, we recommend signing up with an account that matches the desired email address for Blackbaud related communications.
When I update my account, can I use the same password?
When updating your account, you can use the same password as before assuming it meets our updated security password requirements (see next FAQ)!
What are the password requirements if I sign up using my email?
Your password must meet the below criteria:
- 7 characters or more
- Must have at least (2) criteria:
- Capital letter
- Special character (! @ # & , % & * _ )
What are some best practices for updating my account?
- Try to use the same email address and password as your existing Blackbaud.com account; it will make it easier to remember!
- If you use Google we recommend:
How do I change the email address for one of my users?
If you are a website administrator you'll be able to update your users email addresses under the new Manager Users page. First, sign into your Blackbaud.com account and then go to "Manager Users" page under your Blackbaud.com account. Next to the appropriate user, click "Edit email address" and enter the user's new email address. They will receive an email to sign into their Blackbaud.com account.
How do I change my email address?
- Log into blackbaud.com.
- Click your name at the top-right of any Blackbaud web page.
- In the Personal Profile section, click Update Personal Profile.
- Click Change my email address.
- On the Update Email Address screen, enter your password and then enter and confirm the new email address.
- Click Submit.
How do I invite new users to my organization?
- When logged into Blackbaud.com, click your name at the top of any Blackbaud web page to open your profile.
- In the left navigation bar under Organization Information, click Invite New User. Only individuals with the site administrator role have the Invite New User link.
- Enter the user's first name, last name, and email address and click Submit.
- Mark the new user's main role and click Submit. You can select only one role in this step. Once the user has confirmed the invitation, you can add additional roles.
- When you click Submit, the user will receive the following invitation email and you will receive a copy for your records. The user needs to click the link in the email to complete the process and activate his login.
What do I do if I need assistance?
You can either chat with Support by clicking the button below or email email@example.com.